Monday, April 6, 2009

Well the family is home again...

Must have been nice to get away for a few days. I wouldn't know since I was left behind. No dogs allowed in their hotel room my foot! What a weak explanation for abandoning me while they were out having a good time. I did rip up some  newspapers which made me feel better for a short while. Then I remembered that they sometimes bring me treats from the road such as left over food so I quickly cleaned up my mess. Luckily for me, they had a leftover cheeseburger  which I gladly devoured after the obligatory welcome home dance. I  mainly do it for their benefit since they appear to enjoy that kind of thing. I myself can take it or leave it. As long as I have food in the bowl it doesn't matter which of the meat bags are filing it. Speaking of which, the kid who watched me over the weekend turned out to be alright after all. He game me the correct portion of food that I'm accustomed to and also threw my ball a few times as well. This doesn't make up for the fact that I couldn't go along for the trip. Man I love a car ride! One has not experienced life until one hangs his or her head out of a moving car! Cool air gushing into and blinding the eyes while sweet, warm scents flood the nose. Not to mention the wind vigorously pushing the hairs back across the face - which is one of the only times a dog isn't eating his own hair. Ah yes, a million different types of stimuli being corralled into the starving senses in a mad rush of excitement. Glorious I tell you! One can experience all manner of smells on a single car ride:  the sticky-sweet smells of ice cream and soda, fresh, tart apples, tangy oranges, and sour lemons  - all ripe on the trees - aromatic rose and fresh jasmine bushes bathed in sunlight - the fine scents of fresh newspapers on the area lawns (both wet from the sprinklers and the plastic wrapped dry ones)  - addictive vapors of gasoline and subsequent exhaust fumes emanating from the cars on the roads - and lastly, other animal's pungently appealing juicy droppings and animal farts - why else would we sniff each other's butts. Ah, the cavalcade of smells and external stimuli just makes me swoon thinking about them. All these golden experiences robbed from me with one denied car trip! I think I'm getting depressed again. I guess to make myself feel better I'll do what I do whenever I get like this - go into the back yard and soak up the sun remembering that while I do so, the rest of the household is at school or work. I suggest you join me. It's a wonderfully warm and sunny day here in Burbank, CA with many smells in the air. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment