Monday, July 19, 2010

Damn Roof Rats...


So I'm outside last night enjoying the cool evening breeze when Pat the roof rat decides he's going to stroll down the power line from the kumquat tree onto our roof. As I watched - I felt the embers of madness well up inside me. The voice in my head kept saying over and over... How dare he! After a few moments of disbelief I couldn't contain my anger anymore and absolutely went ballistic - barking in a manner that would have surely put my grandmother into the grave if she were still alive today. No doubt my words would have made any sailor dogs blush but I just couldn't help it. I mean, where does that little vermin get off thinking that he can just waltz right into the compound - just like that - ON MY WATCH! I may be getting a little older but not so much so that I'd stand by and just let any old interloper come into our secured area!


I don't even know what the hell he was doing up there! I think he was travelling over to the lemon tree whose branches are now touching the roof. The big buffoon owner has been shirking his duties lately - no doubt -lazing the Summer away. Big surprise - the only thing that makes that fat fool move these days is the sound of an ice cream truck coming down our block. Pathetic!


OK, I'm off to get a ladder to see if the little rat fink is still on the roof. Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I have one...no wait, a couple who visits everynight and chew up my penny wort. Was wondering what u wud do to Pat if you do catch him? (Just passing by)

    ReplyDelete