Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day... O Joy!

2011 Humor Bloggers St. Patrick's Day Humor Carnival - http://humorbloggers.com

"Póg mo thóin!" Darby O'Houlihan barked as he walked down our street with his owner Shamus. "It's St. Patty's Day and I'll do whatever I damn well want!" he bellowed. "And what I want is some damn respect because I'm Irish!" And so it went as he and his owner strolled, "Shamrock Rovers Forever!", "Go n-ithe an cat thú is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat" and "Tabhair póg dom, táim Éireannach". I tell you, the way that Irish Wolf Hound carries on really makes me despise St. Patrick's Day! I'm part German Sheppard and as proud of my heritage as the next dog but you don't hear me screaming around like a fool during Oktoberfest!

The worst part is yet to come when they both puts on their kilts and start playing Shamus' bagpipes in the backyard for the neighbor's amusement. No doubt my fat village idiot owner will be outside listening with his pint of green beer. Then that damn Darby will howl like a banshee making the rest of us dogs on the block stick our heads in the ground so as to avoid the screeching.

Oh, and how the little abomination of a Shih Tzu falls right in line! He's been wearing a little green washcloth fashioned around his neck like an ascot - courtesy of the big doofus owner. In addition, all morning he's been walking around saying, "kish me, kish me, kish me - I'm Irish" To which my reply has been, "You're Asian you little freaking moron!" I guess I was expected to be involved too since the Rotund Leprechaun owner tried to put some green cloth on me as well. That was until I issued a warning growl effectively making him back off.
So that's it.

I guess the only thing left to do is to go to my dog hole and wait for the day to be over. And if that little abomination tries to pinch me - so help me God I'm gonna... Oh well, try to enjoy the day folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment